How to rally your recruiter.
If you're thinking about making a change workwise, as part of the process, you might be thinking about giving some recruiters a call. This doesn't always feel like a fun job. There's sorting your CV, getting your story straight, chats over the phone about what you're looking for. Just making the psychological step to change job can make the whole thing feel like a bit of a chore. Forget all that. Like anything, what you put in is what you get out. And once you've had those initial conversations, you've pretty much done your bit. Here's some top tips to make the whole process much smoother for you.
- Do a bit of research to check that you're approaching recruiters that are most relevant to you. Recommendations from friends in the same industry are a good start.
- Start with 2-3. you can always cast the net wider further down the line if you need to.
- Have your CV ready in advance. Recruiters won't be able to do anything without it and it will be a good reminder for you when you're talking through your experience with them.
- Meet with them. You want to make a memorable connection so that you're not another name/number.
- Treat every meeting as you would an interview. They will initially be representing you to possible employers so you want them to be as big a fan of you as they might be if they saw you in an interview situation. Show your best side.
If you feel like you need an interview refresher or perhaps you're looking to hone some of your other skills, why not sign up to one of our workshops? Click here for more information on our 2013 'Be the Best You' workshops.